Blockchain for Not-for-Profit Organizations
Often working with limited budgets, not-for-profit organizations are not known for being early adopters of new technology. However, blockchain technology has many specific benefits for the not-for-profit industry. To ensure you and your clients are maximizing these benefits, this CPE self-study online course covers the basics of blockchain technology and its practical implications. This course also explores the new opportunities, risks, accounting, and tax implications necessary to create a blockchain implementation plan.
• Outline the opportunities and risks for not-for-profit organizations implementing blockchain technology.
• Determine the various treatments of virtual currencies in accounting and auditing for not-for-profit.
• Recognize the central elements used in the blockchain ecosystem.
• Identify the basic components of tax considerations for blockchain.
• Identify key regulatory considerations related to implementing blockchain as well as determine the costs and benefits, both domestically and internationally.
- Blockchain overview
- Blockchain implementation for not-for-profit organizations
- Donations of virtual currencies
- Tax and accounting implications of accepting virtual currencies
- Regulatory issues that impact blockchain implementations
- Tax considerations for private foundations
✓ Public accounting professionals and consultants that serve or advise insurance clients and would like to understand the impact of blockchain on the industry.
✓ Management accountants working in the insurance industry.
✓ Accounting, auditing, insurance, and finance professionals that are looking for more information on how blockchain will impact the insurance industry.
✓ Organization leaders and decision makers looking to strategically influence blockchain initiatives
✓ Accounting and finance professionals who deal with AI technology as part of their daily routine, to gain a better ethical foundation in the AI revolution.